Network maintenance management
To remain competitive, businesses must constantly maintain high levels of performance and efficiency in their business processes. By meeting these conditions on a daily basis, Xelys has become a partner of choice in the deployment, management and maintenance of corporate technology solutions. We strive to optimize your business processes through our work processes and interventions, particularly by helping you maintain operating costs at their lowest.
Here are some strategies that we deploy to achieve this purpose:
- Automation of certain facilities, maintenance processes and trouble-shooting procedures
- Standardization of facilities, solutions and procedures
- Proactive deployment of critical system monitoring tools
- Restriction of system access to limit breakdowns due to human error
- Monthly preventive visits (EDS) to inspect every critical system, perform updates, and document, resolve and report problems raised
- With client, annual review of problems raised and review of future projects to define and control budgets
- Development of a technology obsolescence plan to prevent unforeseen expenditures
- Documentation of corporate technological infrastructure to enhance the efficiency of interventions
Remarkable expertise and know-how has secured the company’s strong reputation in the field of computer network management. Here are some characteristics of our customer service that ensure an unparalleled experience to our clients:
- Deployment of management tools and follow-up on incidents and interventions
- Assignment of two technicians and one operations assistant on each project to develop and maintain knowledge of the client’s organizational environment
- The permanent presence of specialized resources (on-duty technicians) at our offices to provide fast, adequate 24/7 emergency support services
- Remote or on-site support services tailored to the client’s needs
- Issuance of a purchase order and detailed intervention documents to ensure the flawless traceability of services rendered
Xelys also offers a wide range of computer network and equipment management and maintenance services, including:
- Management, administration, installation, configuration, maintenance and trouble-shooting of servers, work stations, printers and other peripheral computer equipment
- Management of access and authorizations
- Management and maintenance of security solutions (breakdown, virus, Internet and spam protection)
- Management and maintenance of messaging and on-line collaboration solutions (sharing of emails, calendars, contacts and files, including mobile telephony)
- Management and maintenance of automatic backup solutions for overall data and critical infrastructure
- Management and maintenance of multi-site connection solutions
- Management and maintenance of teleworking access solutions
- Simple trouble-shooting and regular, preventive follow-ups
- Third-party communication management
- Management and development of documents, infrastructure plans and stocktaking procedures
- Computer equipment obsolescence management and replacement
- Project management and coordination
- Budget planning
No matter if several hundred or only a few work stations and servers make up your technological infrastructure, you can trust the experience and professionalism of Xelys to ensure efficient management and maintenance.
Cloud solutions are becoming increasingly popular and widespread. A range of cloud solutions are currently available, but each must be implemented according to clients’ specific needs.
Organizations should not necessarily seek cloud solutions to lower their operating costs. Although the concept of cloud colocation— involving the sharing of material, software, Internet and maintenance resources— can be interesting for managers, it can entail some inconveniences likely to cost more than the promise of savings promoted by this system. Therefore, cloud colocation brings a significant share of drawbacks, such as:
- Very little information on the web hoster
- Very little information on the maintenance staff
- Very little information on security procedures
- A sense of dependency on the web hoster
- Loss of control over infrastructure management
- Generally longer-term contracts
Instead, organizations should seek the following advantages in cloud solutions:
- Air-conditioned server rooms
- Equipment redundancy
- Internet link redundancy and performance
- Generator-protected power supply
- Guarantee of 24/7 services
These advantages are certainly not always synonymous with cost savings, but they ensure effective, adequate additional protection at a reasonable cost.
But all these solutions available for implementation are not always compatible with the cloud; hence, compatibility with manufacturers should be checked.
Xelys is committed to providing you with efficient cloud solutions best suited to your needs. Some of our clients’ operations take place entirely in the cloud or with a hybrid infrastructure combining cloud and on-site operations. With these solutions, they benefit from additional protection for critical systems while keeping control over their infrastructure. We also have clients for whom cloud solutions are not necessarily suitable for their particular needs.
The cloud can be a very powerful tool to offer protection, redundancy, recovery site and even portability solutions. After careful analysis of your existing infrastructure, we will make sure to recommend and implement the solution that is best suited to your needs.